Who doesn’t LOVE brownies?! These guys have everything – just the right amount of moistness, cakiness and decadent chocolateyness – if that is even a word. It deserves to be if it’s not already!
They are easy to make, needing only the blender, easy to cut, and last super well in a lunchbox.
Make them, serve them, and don’t tell ANYONE what’s in them until they are all gone. You won’t have to wait long, I promise.
- 1.5 cups cooked black turtle Beans or 1 can drained black beans
- 3 large eggs
- ½ zuccini/courgette
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates or soaked dates
- 2 inches vanilla bean seeds or 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup mixed flaxseed
- ½ cup walnuts
- pinch of salt
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- Combine the eggs, black beans, dates, apple sauce, zucchini and vanilla in a blender until very smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, oats, salt and flaxseed and blend again.
- Add the walnuts and baking soda and pulse quickly the walnuts are broken down a little.
- Pour into a lined tin.
- Bake in a lined tray at 150 for 25/30 mins or until toothpick comes out clear.
- Take out of oven, leave to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes.
- Mark into 15 squares and leave to cool fully before removing from tin.